The Daily Cafe in the Pearl is coffee meet-and-greet, sweet pick-me-up, and all day breakfast, brunch & lunch cafe–with plenty of heart and some of the tastiest dishes in the Pearl District.
If the Pearl District held a contest to name its official neighborhood living room, The Daily Cafe would be a strong contender. Every day of the week from morning to mid afternoon, this casual, window-wrapped, light-filled cafe is jam-packed with residents and workers from across the hood.
Everyone orders and pays at the bar, then scrambles for a table. Grab an excellent cappuccino and either house-made or Bakeshop pastries, and nestle in with the morning paper or your Facebook notifications. Or go the full-meal route and spend a few minutes deciding between the eclectic list of iconic offerings.
One of my all-time favorites is Marbella’s Chile Rellano with Roasted Poblano Pepper, Goat Ricotta, Mozzarella & Salsa Verde Over Spring Onions, Wild & White Rice, Peppers & Squash. It’s visually stunning, and every bite is an explosion of complementary flavors and textures.
The Corned Beef & Egg Sammy is ample enough to share, although after the first bite, you may want to hoard it . The key flavors and textures–tender, moist corned beef, oozing Havarti, caramelized onions, soft scrambled eggs, earthy pumpernickel, and bracing mustard-garlic aioli–are pure inspiration.
Or if you simply want a friendly space to decompress, check your email. and enjoy a perfect pull of espresso, The Daily Cafe delivers on that too. And while you’re at it, throw in one of their decadent house-made or Bakeshop pastries.
- Website: http://dailyinthepearl.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dailyinthepearl/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dailycafepearl
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dailycafeinthepearl/
- City: Portland
- Quadrant: Northwest
- Neighborhood: Pearl District
- Address: 902 NW 13th St. | Portland, Oregon 97209 (NW 13th & Kearney)
- Phone: 503.242.1916
Get the Buzz
- Best Family Breakfast Spots | Portland Monthly
- Daily Cafe | Portland Monthly
- Daily in the Pearl | Explore the Pearl
- Where to Brunch in Portland: The Daily Cafe Pearl | Neighborhood Notes
Copyright 2016 Susan S. Bradley. All rights reserved.